Flap repairs continue. With the tightness of the skin and short bend radius, making the skins align squarely across the spar and ribs is a challenge. Careful application of ratchet straps helps, but doesn't leave a lot of room for drilling and clecos.
I took a couple of nights off and when I came back, Ron had striped the paint on the 701 wing, the original parts of the inboard flaperon and the entirety of the outboard section.
Went back to the shop this afternoon. Ron was away so I thought I'd tackle some of my parts. We plan on building our new slats and flaperons together, taking advantage of common assembly jigs. In order to do this, I need to get the balance of my flap and slat ribs done.
Due to the tight radii of the nose section, I was concerned how the aluminum would bend. It took some finesse, but I got them done. Happy with how they turned out!
A big part of this project is going to be taken up by drilling, clecos, drilling again, deburring clecos, rivets..... more to come.... stay tuned.
Time until takeoff
Husband, father and 911 dispatcher. Long time pilot with a licence that burns a hole in my pocket where my student loan money used to be. First time aircraft builder. Looking to fly my own airplane.